Today is Independence Day. It is a federal and state holiday.
• Post offices will be closed. There will be no regular mail delivery.
• State and local government officesand courts in New Jersey will be closed.
• Financial markets, stock markets and banks will be closed.
• NJ Transit trains will operate on a weekend/major holiday schedule on all lines. The Newark Light Rail line will run on a Saturday schedule. The Hudson-Bergen Light Rail will operate on a weekend schedule. River Line will operate on a Sunday schedule. Bus schedules will vary by route.
• NJ Transit will offer several rail options for people wanting to view the Macy’s fireworks display from New Jersey: On the Morris & Essex Lines, existing service will be supplemented by eight additional trains to and from Hoboken Terminal, including four trips between Dover and Hoboken; three trips between Summit and Hoboken; and an additional trip from Newark Broad Street Station to Hoboken. Additional trains to Hoboken before the event will operate between approximately 5:30 and 8:30 p.m. After the show, extra Morris & Essex trains will depart Hoboken at 10:05 p.m., 10:40 p.m., 11:30 p.m. and 12:25 a.m.
• Family Super Saver Fares are in effect until 6 a.m. tomorrow. For details, refer to timetables, visit www.njtransit.com, or call (973) 275-5555.
• PATH trains will operate a Saturday schedule. Evening service will be increased to facilitate those attending the Macy’s fireworks displays. Trains will operate every 10 minutes on the Journal Square-to-33rd Street-via-Hoboken line between 7 p.m. and midnight. Additional passenger information agents will be at Hoboken and 33rd Street during the evening hours to assist customers.